Friday, February 4, 2011

Year in Review: People I've Offended

Since my last blog post, my inbox has been flooded with stupid emails telling me how "rude" I've been and how "harsh" my criticism of others can be. Some people didn't particularly like the poetry I shared in my last post, calling it "insensitive" and "crass." Albeit, it's not my best poetic work, but I won't take back anything I said about Good Charlotte.

Is this a fair assessment of my blog? I've thus decided to "christen" my blog's one year anniversary by taking a genuine look back at some of its major milestones and accomplishments. Take a journey back in time with me, and let's have a look.

Fig.1


It should be clear that overlapping does occur in Fig.1, and lines are often blurred between groups. In order to make this more clear, let's take a look at the numbers:

Fig.2


So, with this past year in perspective. Fig.2 makes it clear that I've offended quite a few more people than I initially projected, which is okay; it's been a rough fiscal year. I guess I underestimated how sensitive and touchy people can be. To further my point:

Fig.3


So yes, it is a fair assessment. The reason I'm not worried about all this criticism is the mere fact that, over the course of history, there have been numerous examples of people who have been hated for the message they preached. Take for example 50 Cent, Martin King Luther Jr, Roger Goodell, Michael Caine, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Ronaldinho, Abe Lincoln, Betsy Ross, Walt Disney, Billy Mays, God, and even James Cameron. If I am to be included in such a category, surrounded by such fine Americans, then I am thus comforted.



Having made this clear, let me therefore apologize to all mankind. But wait, if I apologize to mankind, then women will be offended that I didn't apologize to womenkind. So you know what, screw it; I rescind my apology altogether; here's to another offensive year for everyone.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment