Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dragons Part 2

It's my birthday; hold the applause you idiot. I've decided that, since it's a special day I would blog about something equally special. Did the title give it away? You're an idiot if you haven't guessed by now. It's Dragons.

I recently came across this website during my research for my latest book I'm writing "The Socio-Evolutionary Processes and Purposes of Dragon Culture and Folklore from Post-Gilgamesh Assyria to Neo-Barbaric and Norwegian Europe as seen through Art, Literature and Historic Oral Traditions as Relevant to their Times." Here's the link:

Dragons from around the world
http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/01993/

1. In my years of research, I've never seen a bigger travesty to the world of dragon information as this. Hey, nice anime picture on the main page. Real professional.

2. I decided to click under the link that says "Ancient Greece" and I was greeted by the website's first brilliant declaration: "The dragons were very mean." Hey thanks, UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE EFFING YEAR. And by the way, what is this? Second grade? Of course dragons are mean, EVERYONE knows that. Here's another understatement: "You suck at describing dragons." Did that get the point across? Shut up!

3. Lochness is not in Spain, nice try.

4. This is the picture they give describing a Spanish dragon.
Hey nice stencil. Really gripping depiction and brutally realistic. If I asked Martha Stewart to draw me a dragon, this is probably what I'd get.

5. Finally, I noticed under the "India" section that the author explicitly describes Indian dragons as "mean and selfish." Oh, okay, so in addition to being just ignorant, you're also, racist. Dragons are NOT mean and selfish, they are beautiful, elegant creatures endowed with powerful predatory features that, yes, force them into fierce opposition to every other creature in the animal kingdom.

So all in all, I want to get the word out there NEVER to use this website; it's clearly not based on reliable material and the pictures are pretty low quality as well.

And then there's Rob Pattinson, who still doesn't know ANYTHING about dragons. You loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment